Monday, January 2, 2012

Hello, friend!

This past year has been quite an adventure for our little family! Actually, ever since John and I met we have been flying by the seat of our pants! In five years, we've met, married, welcomed two little precious babies (who are now crazy toddlers!), bought a home, moved four times (twice to different cities) and lived in two hotels.

It has been a crazy ride, and can't wait to see what else God has in store for us!

I am excited about starting this blog to chronicle my adventures including sharing stories about my crazy toddlers, continue to live a more natural way of life, show off my sometimes-original-but-usually-copycat craft projects, and work on making our little city apartment a home.

I have decided to title my blog "Consider It Joy" from the verse in James 1:2&3. Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters,whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. That is my life verse. I don't think their is anything more powerful than learning to consider ALL things joy; the happy things, the horrible things, the mundane things. As a stay at home mom who doesn't get out of the house much with little kiddos, I struggle with finding joy in the little things. I want to change that and to strive to be filled with joy so that it overflows out of me, I disappear and all that is left is Christ.

Today, I am leaving you with something that makes my heart happy. It is a painting by my favorite artist, Katie Daisy. Her prints are starting to take residence all over my home. This quote seems the perfect way to end my first post.





Love,

Danielle

6 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you started a blog! I look forward to reading more!

    Carrie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet Danielle, I can't wait to follow your adventures! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY! I hope your perseverance for this blog is better than mine - I'm awful at this stuff!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking forward to reading your posts, Danielle. By the way, didn't you and John meet in high school? I knew you both in high school...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Brooke! We met in middle school, technically. I guess "reconnected" would be a more appropriate word choice :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Danielle - I'm enjoying your blog a lot. Don't feel bad if you miss a day here or there but you're doing a great job!

    ReplyDelete